…so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. Ps 78:6-7NIV
- What do you think is the purpose of Sunday School?
- Is it a convenient depository of children so parents may be able to worship God
- and study the Bible uninterrupted?
- Is it the Baby-Sitting Centre for Sunday worshippers?
- Is it the Detention Camp for unruly and noisy children in church service?
- Is it the Entertainment centre for bored children while their parents are attending Worship Service?
At the Word International Ministries, Ontario, we want our Children’s church to be more than these. We want the Children’s Church to be:
- A Haven the church provides to meet the special needs of the children so they can have an opportunity to know the God of the Bible and be able to relate Bible truths in their specific real life situations
- A Venue where children experience the love of God through the Word and worship
- A Learning Centre where children learn the Bible in a creative and fun way
Turning this vision into reality is not easy. It will require the cooperation of the parents, the time and energy of our workers and the commitment of the whole church. I pray that we will all be partners in this noble endeavour.
It takes a community to raise a child today It takes a community to steal his heart away