Welcome to WIMO Family Camp 2022: Fresh Start! We are so excited to have you and your family join us this summer and experience everything our site has to offer. This information package will be your guidebook for what to expect during your stay. Please note, we may need to change or update our policies and procedures listed here in order to reflect site-specific best practices as directed by the government or public health guidance.
Address: Pearce Williams Summer Camp & Retreat Facility
8009 Iona Rd, Fingal, ON N0L 1K0
Date: Sep 3 – 5, 2022
Check-in Time: 7:00 – 8:00 AM
On the morning of your arrival day ( for the camp committees / workers and Ottawa campers it will be Sep 2 and the rest of the campers will be Sep 3), you will receive an email from us reminding you of your stay. In the email will be a link to a form. The form will be a pre-screening tool for you and your family, and you must fill it out prior to arriving at the camp site. This tool will help ensure that all families arriving at the center are safe to enter. The form will include the following:
- Do you have any of the following new or worsening symptoms or signs?
- New or worsening cough
- Fever >37.8℃
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Decrease or loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Runny nose, sneezing, or nasal congestion (in absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as seasonal allergies and postnasal drip)
- Hoarse voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise
- Have you had close contact with anyone with respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the last 5-10 days?
- If Yes on item 2. Did you wear the required and/or recommended PPE according to the type of duties you were performing (e.g., goggles, gloves, mask, and gown or N95 with aerosol-generating medical procedures (AGMPs)) when you had close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you following all Public Health recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19?
- You and your family that will be going to camp MUST take a Rapid Antigen Test for COVID-19, 24 hours before attending the camp, and the result should be negative.
Once you are pre-screened and arrive at camp, you need to show your attestation either printed or digital to our check-in staff. If any member of your family failed to do the pre-screening, you will not be admitted onto the property. If everyone is good to go, your retreat will begin!
You can start paying in-full or installment via Interac eMail Transfer.
Please indicate in the memo/comment section – “FC” for Family Camp and the camper’s name it will be attributed to.
Please visit https://www.winontario.org/give for more details.
ALL Campers must be fully paid before or on the day of the camp.
Cancellation / Refund
If in any circumstances that you’ll not be able to attend. Please fill up the cancellation form below.
Cancellation form (https://www.winontario.org/familycamp)
Things to bring
We have prepared a checklist of items to bring and attached emailed it to all registrants. Also please be reminded to bring your own medications, antihistamines like Benadryl, Reactine and EpiPen if you have allergies.
There will be a designated area for those who’ll be sleeping in tents. You’ll receive your assigned space and the time to set up when you arrive at the camp. For those arriving on Saturday, please follow the time given so as not to interrupt our programs.
Please make sure that you bring all necessary things for your tents as we’ll not be able to provide those.
For those sleeping in the hotel nearby, our expectation is that you’ll be in the camp area the next day @ 7:00AM.
Please observe proper safety precautions when entering the camp site.
For parents of 0-3 years old, please be reminded that we will not have programs for them during the discussions and lessons. They are expected to be with you as we only provide programs for kids aged 4-12.
Your stay with us includes three meals a day and an afternoon snack. Meals will be served in the dining hall. There will be a sanitization area before entering the Dining Hall.
There will be a time that your group will be assigned a task to help in the Kitchen.
Should you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to reach out! We are looking forward to seeing you in the camp and may you have a Spirit filled experience.
Family Camp Committee